A Minecraft adventure map project. PLEASE READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE USING THIS BLOG.
Pages
28 April 2012
Floating Continent - Pencil Sketch Map
Funny story how this map came about.
One day I was boiling a pot of water for lunch, and I was watching the formations of bubbles on the surface of the water. For some reason, I was very interested in the shapes the bubbles were forming, so I took a picture. Then I sketched it up and threw it in a folder somewhere.
Years later, I get the urge to create a custom world in Minecraft, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time drafting the world up, so I started sifting through my portfolio of random brain dumps. As fate would have it, I ran into this old drawing of the water pot, so I took it and fleshed out what you now see here.
The rim of the pot forms "The Cataract," and the bubbles formed the floating landmasses above "The Void." I've already been working on some changes to this map, so stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment